Location: Wellbeing Hub, Bullring & Grand Central, Link Street, Birmingham B5 4BU
When: 3 – 4 hours a week between 10am – 4 pm Tuesday to Friday
Could increase to evenings and weekends in future
Roles: This role may be offered up to 10 people subject to applicants availability.
Closing Date: Applications will close on Friday 4th August 2023
The opportunity to support a new and exciting Birmingham Mind initiative in the centre of Birmingham. Our new space in the Bullring needs friendly, approachable volunteers to raise the profile of our services and to support any members of the public walking through our doors with a wide variety of enquiries. The service aims to offer a safe space and provide access to appropriate services. This is a new role and will suit someone with initiative and vision.
- Welcome visitors
- Support Birmingham Mind staff
- Create an inviting space using resources to hand
- Signpost people to information and support
- Collect and record information for monitoring purposes
- Build partnerships and promote the Hub
- Support with the setting up of the space for activities
- Excellent communication
- Active listening skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of mental health
- Friendly approachable manner
- A commitment to inclusivity
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing role
- Be able to deal with challenging situations
- Work well as part of a team
Birmingham Mind Volunteer Induction including:
- Health and Safety
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- Data Protection
- Birmingham Mind Introduction
On the role training from staff
Access to Birmingham Mind training (online and face to face)
You will report to the Wellbeing Hub Manager
They will offer you regular ongoing support and supervision.
As part of this role you will be invited to volunteer at events and meetings.
Travel (bus/train) fares reimbursed
Car mileage reimbursed
Lunch/ Meal expenses reimbursed if you volunteer over 4 hours (up to £4 max)
Online Application Form.
Informal interview (After Information Session)
DBS check (provided and paid for by Birmingham Mind).
Closing Date: Applications will close on Friday 4th August