Newtown Housing Options Centre (Over 25’s)
- Support is available if you need advice or if you are about to become homeless please call 0121 675 5779 to receive support by phone.
- If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, please contact Birmingham City Council homeless Options Centre on 0121 303 7410 option 3.
- Should you require emergency accommodation and it is after normal office hours, please contact the Out of Hours Duty Team on 0121 303 2296 (over 18s only)
- Anyone under 18 who requires emergency help with accommodation should contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0121 675 4806.
- If you are 16 – 25 homeless or at risk of homelessness, please contact the St Basils Youth Hub on 0121 0300 303 0099.
- Anyone aged 18 -25 who has dependant children and are homeless, will need to contact the St Basils Youth Hub for housing advice on 0300 303 0099.
- More information can be found on the Birmingham City Council website
Useful contacts for services that offer advice and information on housing related issues
Shelter – Offer support to people struggling with bad housing or homelessness through advice and legal services, for advice and guidance please contact 0344 515 1800 between the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Citizens Advice – provides a wide range of support, legal advice and information for people experiencing housing problems with homelessness, faced with eviction, issues with landlord, Please contact the Telephone Advice Line on 03444 77 1010. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:30am – 4:30pm.
Birmingham Settlement – help tenants who are in arrears with their housing provider, providing financial advice and advocacy to tenants for more information, please contact 0121 250 0765.
Crisis – Is a charity that works directly with people who are homeless providing support and advice for people experiencing homelessness, help with finding housing, help with health and well-being For more information please contact 0121 384 7950.