We were founded in 1962, and are a Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee, affiliated to Mind. If you would like to know more about our History, you can do so by downloading our A History of Birmingham Mind booklet.
Our Board of Trustees are responsible for ensuring that we meet our charitable aims and objectives.
Our well-trained and committed staff manage and deliver our range of services.
Our Services are individualised, person centred and deliver valued outcomes, as we passionately believe that everyone has the right to live lives that are meaningful and which enable them to reach their full potential as individuals.
We work in active partnership with a range of local organisations to deliver services and challenge the stigma that surrounds mental distress.
Why Choose Us
Birmingham Mind has:
- The Investors in People Gold Level award in recognition of the high quality of our staff training and development programmes.
- The highest level (Level 3) rating from National Mind for our quality standards.
- Excellent inspection ratings from the Care Quality Commission for our Residential Care Homes.
- The Mental Health Providers Forum National Award in 2013 for the Best New Innovative Service for our Wellbeing and Recovery Services.
- We are also a recognised Mindful Employer