These Rules (the “Rules”) apply to the Mental Elf Fun Run event taking place at Cannon Hill Park on Sunday 3rd December 2023 (the “Event”) and by registering for the Event, you agree to comply with them. The Event is organised by Birmingham Mind.
- There is no minimum age for participants. We welcome participants of all ages and abilities to take part.
- Entrants under the age of 16 must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian before registering to take part in the Event.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied at the Event by their parent or legal guardian (or by an adult over 18 years old who has the permission of that participant’s parent or legal guardian).
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any participant who is not accompanied as required or unable to provide their event registration confirmation, photo ID or other satisfactory proof of age when requested to do so by an Event official.
- Participants are only eligible to take part in the Event if they have paid the entry fee, signed in at the registration point and have their participant number.
- Given the limited number of spaces for the Event, entry fees are non-refundable. Furthermore, where we have a right to refuse your entry to the Event under these Rules, no refund will be given.
Changes and Last Minute Arrangements
- We reserve the right to postpone and/or cancel the Event in our absolute discretion due to factors such as (but not limited to) adverse weather conditions.
General Health and Safety
- Participants must ensure they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the Event.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event in our absolute discretion if for whatever reason we consider a person unfit to take part. We may also ask you to withdraw during the Event if we have concerns about your ability to complete it due to fitness, injury or otherwise. If you continue, you do so with the understanding that you absolve us of all and any responsibility and progress entirely at your own risk.
- We take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a risk assessment process in place for the Event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in the Event, you acknowledge that it is potentially hazardous and that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
- All participants, volunteers and spectators enter and attend the Event entirely at their own risk.
- All participants will be encouraged to take part in the warm up prior to the fun run starting. This will be lead by professionals from a performance gym.
- All participants must take part in the fun run with care and abide by any other rules stipulated by the Event organiser, Event marshals, police and officials.
- First Aid facilities will be provided. Any major incidents should be reported to 999.
- By taking part in the Event, you consent to receiving medical treatment administered by medically qualified personnel during the Event if required in any circumstances where you are unconscious or otherwise incapable of making a decision regarding medical treatment.
- The Volunteers and Birmingham Mind shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in or attendance at the Event.
- Birmingham Mind will not have a coat or bag check and therefore hold no responsibility for lost/stolen items.
Any participant that is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be refused entry and will not be allowed to participate in the Event.
What you must bring on the day
You must bring the following items with you:
- Cash (correct amount is desirable) if you wish to register on the day
- Confirmation of registration
We recommend that you bring the following items with you:
- Full water bottle and snacks as required
- Suitable high visibility clothing and footwear (taking into account the weather forecast)
- A mobile phone with full battery
- The emergency procedure and emergency contact details (provided at the start)
- A full route map and instructions
- Money if you wish to make purchases
Please note there will not be a bag storage facility and so please bring only what you can carry, we do not accept liability for any lost/stolen items.