Recovery & Employment Service
Birmingham Mental Health Recovery and Employment Service
The Recovery and Employment service is a combined integrated innovative service delivered through a partnership lead by Better Pathways along with Creative Support and Birmingham Mind. The service provides an Individual Placement Support Service (IPS) which is an intensive, personalised supported employment service targeted at people in contact with secondary mental health services who want to enter employment more quickly and to help sustain their employment for longer and Four Recovery Colleges all aligned to the integrated community mental health services each offering 1:1 recovery support planning, recovery focused activities and support to develop peer-led support networks and groups. The service is city wide with hubs based in Erdington, Handsworth, Yardley and Northfield.
The two hubs operated by Birmingham Mind are in Handsworth & Erdington. You can access the service by calling
- Handsworth Hub – 0121 262 3540 – You can download the Handsworth Recovery Timetable Handsworth Jan-Feb 2020
- Erdington Hub – 0121 237 3761 – You can download the Beechcroft (Erdington) Recovery Timetable Beechcroft Jan-March 2020
Click the link to download the new January – April 2019 service Prospectus
- Aged 18 years and above
- Registered with a Birmingham GP for whom the commissioner is responsible for funding healthcare services
- Residents of Birmingham registered with GP practices within Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG
- Under the care of secondary mental health services or on the GP Serious Mental Illness register.