Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Are you the same as National Mind?

A. No, but we are affiliated to them. This means that we abide by the Mind Quality Standards and various policies. However, we are a separate charity in our own right.

Q. Do I have to pay for the services you offer?

A. Most of our services are already paid for by the Local Authority. Therefore as long as you meet with the access criteria you can use the service for free. However if you have a Direct Payment or Individualised Budget you can contact us to make arrangements to purchase our services directly.

Q. Do I have to live in Birmingham?

A. At the moment most of our services are only for Birmingham residents. However our residential care homes can take people outside of Birmingham and we offer our training and other corporate services to a wider area as well.

Q. Do I have to have a Social Worker to be referred?

A. No, all of our services allow people to self-refer, we also welcome referrals from family members, friends, GP’s or Community Psychiatric Nurse.

Q. I am worried about someone’s mental well-being, what should I do?

A. Please see the emergency contacts page for advice.

Q. Where can I find out more about mental health issues?

A. Mind produces some very good leaflets on mental health issues, mental health law and well being.