Location: Head Office in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter with some travel to other sites as needed.
When: Monday – Friday. Approx. 2-3 hrs per week initially. Flexible to childcare and study needs of the volunteer.
Working for the IT Manager, we are looking for a Volunteer IT Support person to assist the internal IT team in supporting Birmingham Mind IT users
- Provide first line initial IT support – via answering IT telephone and responding to incoming incidents on our ticket system which don’t require escalated privileges (e.g. helping staff with configuring MFA, or email rules, or self-service password reset)
- Providing training and advice to Birmingham Mind staff – around our IT systems and general IT advice (e.g. could operate drop-in sessions for staff for talking through using MS Office or improving security practices).
- Capable with IT systems – IT team will train on our specific systems and settings.
- Good communicator
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge around cyber security.
Birmingham Mind Volunteer Induction training includes;
- Health and Safety
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- Data Protection
- Birmingham Mind Introduction
- On the role training from staff
Access to Mind training is both online and face to face.
Your line manager will be the IT Manager
They will offer you regular ongoing support and supervision.
As part of this role you will be invited to volunteer at events and meetings.
Travel by public transport reimbursed
Car mileage reimbursed
Lunch/ Meal expenses reimbursed if you volunteer over 4 hours (up to £4 max)
- Online Application Form.
- Informal interview.
- 2 references.
- DBS check (provided and paid for by Birmingham Mind).
- Trial Period
- Closing Date: Applications will close on Friday 15th October