LGBTQIA+ Volunteer (CDW Service)
Location: Birmingham & Solihull
When: Variable requirements, dependant on need. Flexible to childcare and study needs of the volunteer.
Roles: This role will be offered to 1 person, or 2 people role sharing, subject to applicants availability.
Closing Date: Applications will close on Friday 11th November.
The Volunteer will promote inclusivity within this community.
You will be interested in supporting and promoting issues that affect the LGBTQIA+ community.
You are a good communicator who enjoys being with people.
You will challenge stigma and promote Birmingham Minds Vision and Values.
This opportunity will be a good opportunity for someone to improve their skills.
The volunteer’s role will be varied and eclectic.
The role will include, but not limited to:
- Offering regular support at social events.
- Networking and helping to create and deliver wellbeing sessions.
- Encouraging participation to help the LGBTQIA+ community achieve their potential.
A candidate will be:
- 18 years old plus.
- A team player who is reliable and punctual.
- A people person who will support the Community Development Worker to network and make links with other agencies.
A person who is passionate about equality and diversity and understand the LGBTQIA+ community.
Birmingham Mind Volunteer Induction including:
- Health and Safety
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- Data Protection
- Birmingham Mind Introduction
- On the role training from staff
Access to Mind training (online and face to face)
Your line manager will be the CDW LGBTQIA+ strand lead.
They will offer you regular ongoing support and supervision. You will be invited to volunteer events and meetings.
Travel (bus) fares reimbursed
Car mileage reimbursed
Lunch/ Meal expenses reimbursed if volunteer over 4 hours (up to £4 max)
DBS check (provided and paid for by Birmingham Mind).
Closing Date: Applications will close on Friday 25th November.